2023: New Showerheads, Bathtubs, and a Whole Lot More
The new decade got off to a rough start––but that doesn’t have to continue. Instead of looking at the same outdated plumbing fixtures each day, one can completely outfit their kitchen and bathroom with new features. Not only can these upgrades bring a home into the 21st century, but they can also save homeowners money in the long run.
Changing the Kitchen Faucet
The kitchen’s faucet can take a lot of damage throughout its lifetime. While the internal components can last decades, a faucet’s exterior could show signs of rust, corrosion, and other blemishes. A worn-down-looking faucet can even make the most modern kitchens seem stuck in time.
Thankfully, homeowners have many options when seeking to upgrade their kitchen sinks and faucet. Some considerations include the following:
- Getting a touchless faucet. Touchless faucets have only been on the market for a few years, but they’ve made their mark on the home improvement world. Touchless faucets dispense water at the slightest touch. Homeowners don’t have to worry about regularly cleaning faucets or washing their hands before each use. Some touchless faucets even use voice commands, making matters even more convenient.
- “Smart” faucets. Smart faucets are a lot like touchless faucets but have one key difference: they rely on a Wi-Fi connection. Here, homeowners can control faucets using their phones. This is ideal for people who have disabilities or spend a lot of time in the kitchen.
Remodeling the Bathroom
Per the Daily Infographic, one could spend more than two years in the bathroom throughout their lifetime. That’s a long time to look at ugly faucets, knobs, and other fixtures. Instead of turning a blind eye to outdated decorations, homeowners should instead consider getting:
- Rain showerheads. Who doesn’t like standing in the rain every once in a while? What if that could be an everyday thing––except instead of cold water, it’s warm and refreshing? Rain showerheads make that possible.
- A bidet. Bidets eliminate the need for using toilet paper. Many are even add-ons to already-installed toilets, so one doesn’t have to spend hundreds of dollars on one.
- A new bathtub. Over time, bathtubs can get dirty and are a pain to clean. Some can even rust. A homeowner should consider getting a porcelain tub; these are easy to clean and can last decades.
Hiring a Professional
It’s tempting to install new plumbing fixtures without professional help. After all, there are countless videos online. Yet, homeowners should work with professionals instead of trying to install fixtures themselves. That’s because:
- Amateur installations could violate county ordinances and codes
- Some repairs come with serious safety hazards
- A homeowner risks damaging their home while making repairs
It’s worth mentioning that a homeowner could come into contact with toxic substances, like black mold, while installing new plumbing fixtures. If inhaled, this could cause various concerns, from respiratory ailments to cancer.
A professional knows how to do the job without endangering the home or their health.
About A&A Plumbing
More than ten years of experience. Countless five-star reviews. Licensed and insured professionals. These are just some of the many things the San Antonio, Texas residents have come to expect from A&A Plumbing. To ring in the new year, homeowners should consider upgrading their plumbing fixtures. They should also schedule their annual maintenance checks to avoid any problems. For more information, one can call A&A Plumbing to learn more.
Distribution Links +